Hara dhaniya chutney (Coriander chutney) is a must have in almost every Indian home. It is made with fresh coriander leaves, it complements your Indian snacks/starters/finger foods and can also be used for sandwiches/ rolls/wraps.
It is one such thing that can spice up your meal, even if it a simple dal(pulses) and rice combo for lunch or dinner, just one spoon of this chutney can add oodles of flavor and taste to your simple home cooked meal. You can store this chutney in the refrigerator for around 1-2 weeks.
So let’s have a look at the recipe of Hara Dhaniya Chutney!!!
- 1 bunch chopped fresh coriander leaves (approx 2 cups)
- 1-inch ginger
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 small onion cut roughly chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp peanuts
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Water as required
- In a blender add 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, ginger, green chili, onion, garlic cloves, peanuts, lemon juice, salt, and water.
- Blend all the above ingredients together till you get a smooth paste like consistency.
- And Voila… Fresh hara dhaniya chutney (coriander chutney) is ready.
- Store the chutney in the refrigerator in an airtight box.
- Instead of peanuts you can use Daariya/Daaliya (roasted gram dal)
- Can also add one tsp curd to give it a creamy texture.
- Can use rock salt or black salt instead of regular salt.